Monday 8 August 2011

Mastechef... Still as good?



This years Masterchef has come to an end and I got sucked in once again.

I can't really figure out why I religiously watch a show about cooking where I can't even taste the food. At least with the other talent shows on television you can see the hear or see their talent, but how do we know the the food they put up actually tastes good? Who knows... I still love it.

But this years Masterchef didn't really seem to stack up as well against the last two seasons. We didn't really have any of the memorable cooking triumphs (or failures) that we saw previously. And what really annoyed me about this years season is that it has lost most of the natural joy of cooking that it used to have. It seemed that this time they were just trying to create one suspenseful ad-break lead in after another. I mean... how many times can we wait 4 minutes to see if an egg is runny? Is it really that necessary to fire up the Masterchef flames every time a silver cloche is lifted? And also, why do they have to narrate EVERY LITTLE THING THEY DO?

Ahh well, let's hope season they bring it back to basics and create some of the great television we saw in the first two seasons. Either way, I'll probably still be watching no matter what happens.

So this leads us into our first poll:

Was 2011's Masterchef as good as the last 2 seasons?

1 comment:

  1. it was more about increasing the chefs' reputation and advertisement more than the ametuer (?) chefs this year. There was also too many group chellenges and not enough individual ones to show what the contestant's real skills were. Some of the contestants didn't deserve to be in the top 10 or top 5...but thanks to the group challenges they made it far.

    however, I also got sucked in to the reality show and will probably find my self watching it next year.

    ReplyDelete